Medical Director- Behavioral Health/Addiction Medicine (HYBRID IN-PERSON AND WORK FROM HOME IN KENTUCKY!!!)
Join one of the nation’s fastest-growing Telehealth companies!
We offer the caring, passionate Behavioral Health Medical Director the exciting opportunity to become involved in the telehealth/telemedicine industry through our unique Primary Addiction Therapy at Home (PATH) program.
Community Wellness works with our partners to provide an all-encompassing, patient centric approach to care. We connect technology, community, and clinical coaching to improve patient outcomes plus improve your bottom line - Closing the health equity gap one patient at a time.
We provide our teammates a remote working environment, outstanding earnings potential, competitive benefits, flexible paid time off, personal recognition and advancement.
Responsible to lead and manage the services and professional issues associated with the behavioral health clinical workforce and associated counsellors, with an emphasis on Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD); collaborates with members of the medical team to achieve the organization’s mission, vision, values, purpose, and goals.
Here are our MUST HAVES:
M.D. or D.O. degree or equivalent and ten or more years of related experience OR the equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Experience Specifically Required
- At least 5 or more years of clinical experience in addiction medicine
- At least 5 or more years of experience in a clinical management role
- Clinical Risk Management experience
- Ideally a knowledge of health care delivery systems including telepsychiatry, utilization methods and treatment
- Active Board Certification in addiction medicine, psychiatry, family medicine, internal medicine or equivalent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS
- Valid Medical License Required Required
- Active Board Certification Required
- Waivered to administer Buprenorphine (DATA 2000) Required
You will be responsible to:
- Executes behavioral health policies, agendas, and systems in alignment with the Chief Medical
Officer and the Interim National Behavioral Health Director; develops annual goals and oversees
- Implements the national standards of healthcare as adopted by the Company for telemedicine,
behavioral health and OUD; ensures the best experience possible for both patients and providers
in the "Primary Addiction Treatment at Home" (PATH) Program for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD).
- Ensures the delivery of quality behavioral healthcare to patients in compliance with contractual
obligations and standards; assists in the development and implementation of new products and
- Generates methods to develop and improve the overall delivery and performance of behavioral
health services; implements process improvements in a timely manner.
- Oversees operational effectiveness and quality ensuring regulatory compliance and accreditation
with the State of Kentucky, the Department of Health, the Department of Insurance, CMS, NCQA,
and URAC standards.
- Validates and monitors adherence to implemented policies, procedures, workflows, and
processes; identifies, recommends, and implements improvement initiatives.
- Manages the clinical operation to support improved utilization results across the spectrum of
behavioral health specialties; evaluates and manages any dysfunction of medical staff.
- Determines medical appropriateness through the application of clinical criteria; performs case
management reviews and occasional telehealth consultations.
- Works to improve the overall quality of patient care, and to enhance relationships with our
hospital/clinic and physician partners.
- Supervises the behavioral health teammates who are monitoring, interacting, and evaluating
patients being cared for by the Company; available to manage escalated cases.
- Continually analyzes and evaluates transparent performance metrics for improvement; assists in
the training, continuing education, and promotion of clinical and health coaching staff.
- Leads in the recruitment, credentialing review, hiring and management of clinical behavioral
- Collaborates with legal counsel on forming policies, procedures, and entities to comply with the
corporate practice of medicine across the country.
- Remains attentive to risk management and regulatory laws to ensure the Company, its affiliates,
medical practices, and healthcare providers comply with federal and state regulations.
- Adapts technology solutions for efficiency across the online medical or clinical operations within
budget constraints and deadlines.
- Provides thought leadership to articulate and help build an effective and efficient medical
services delivery program; keeps medical knowledge, experience, and licenses up to date.
- Leads bi-weekly program meetings and at other times as deemed necessary.
- Meets weekly with the CMO and at other times as deemed necessary with the Interim National
Behavioral Health Director and other medical team staff members.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary + bonus opportunity (base salary is commensurate with experience)
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible paid time off, paid holidays, stock ownership potential
Do YOU have what it takes? Apply immediately to speak with us about beginning a rewarding career with Community Wellness Technology!